Formation of the Quincy Valley Hospital District:
Believing in the importance of having quality healthcare close to home, a small group of Quincy residents were determined to take the necessary steps to form a public hospital district and build a hospital in their community. Thanks to their hardwork and perserverance, Grant County Public Hospital District #2 was created by a vote of the public in November, 1950. Over the next 9 years the planning, funding and construction of the building on Tenth Avenue SW in Quincy took place.
Dedication of the Quincy Valley Hospital:
Dedicated to the Quincy Community on August 30, 1959, the Quincy Valley Hospital opened its doors to the residents and visitors of the Quincy Valley on August 29, 1959.
Timeline of key events in the history of the Quincy Valley Hospital: