Emergency? Call 911
At QVMC, our Emergency Services team is committed to delivering high-quality, compassionate care. Whether you arrive with stomach pains, broken bones, or even a more serious condition, we provide high-quality emergency care and strive to calm your fears and concerns.
Our emergency services facilities feature:
- Private patient triage areas.
- Comfortable treatment rooms.
- Outpatient observation unit.
- Streamlined admissions.
- Board-certified emergency medicine physician’s available 24-hours a day.
- The latest monitoring and emergency services equipment.
- Skilled, experienced staff trained in emergency medicine.
- Many emergency service patients are treated and discharged on the very same day. However, if you require hospital admission or a surgical procedure, rest assured you will receive high-quality, compassionate care.
QVMC I.C.E. Program (In Case of Emergency:
"ICE" is a very simple, yet important method of contact for you or a loved one in case of an emergency. As cell phones are carried by almost everyone, all you need to do is program the number of a contact person or persons and store the name as "ICE".The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when they went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which numbers to call. He, therefore, thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name to file "next of kin" under. QVMC is following many Emergency Services by launching our "In Case of Emergency (ICE)" program here locally. The idea is simple. You just store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book, and with it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency ". In an emergency situation, our Emergency Services personnel and hospital staff will be able to quickly contact your next of kin or emergency contact, by simply dialing the number programmed under "ICE". For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2, ICE3, etc. Please forward this information to everyone you know and love. It really could save your life and put a loved one's mind at rest.
Emergency call: 911
Poison Center 1-800-222-1222
Poison Center TTY 711
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children 1-800-843-5678